There are seven classes at the present time. This ensures the pupils are supported both academically and pastorally.
- Early Years from 2 years and 9 months to 5 years.
- Key Stage 1 which is 5 - 7 year olds.
- Key Stage 2 Lower which is 7 - 9 year olds.
- Key Stage 2 Upper comprising of 9 - 11 year olds.
- Key Stage 3 Lower made up of our 11-14 year olds.
- Key Stage 3 Upper made up of our 11-14 year olds.
- The IGCSE group made up 14 - 16 year olds
The curriculum of The International School Ikast-Brande is patterned on the Cambridge Educational System, an internationally recognised standard of education. Many international schools use the Cambridge standards and curriculum to plan quality lessons. The resources used are similar across schools, which helps children when they transfer between two international schools.
The Cambridge Educational System divides students into three levels
- The Cambridge International Primary Programme (CIPP) for the age group 5-11 years
- Lower Secondary Programme (LSP) for the age group 11-14 years
- Senior Secondary Programme for the age group 14-16 years
Each teacher will use the best resources to make each topic relevant and interesting. Where possible the teachers will try to link the subjects across the curriculum.