International School Ikast-Brande
Frequently asked questions
Do you have a question about joining the school? You may find the answer below or can drop us a message on our contact page
• Can my child join, who has not attended an International school before, attend ISIB?
All students and families are welcome to visit and apply no matter which school or Kindergarten or Vuggestue he or she has previously attended.
• What are the age requirements for starting at ISIB?
To join our Early Years class, your child must be 2 years and 9 months by the time they start. To enter Year 1/0.klasse students must turn 5 years old by October 1st. Placement in higher grades will depend on both your child’s age and their previous schooling system, with final decisions made by the Head of the school.
• Are there both International and Danish students attending ISIB?
There are over 30 Nationalities represented at ISIB. Danish students represent approx. 30% of the student population.
• Can I arrange a meeting with a school representative to see the facilities and find out more about the admissions process?
Absolutely. We encourage interested families to come and explore the campus. To arrange your personal tour, please contact the admissions office at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: +45 97 15 64 65
• How big are classes at ISIB?
Class sizes vary between each grade level. Generally, our classes are between 10 and 20 students.
• If my child does not speak English, how will ISIB help him/her to have a successful experience in school in their first months?
When students start at ISIB they will be given an initial assessment in English to evaluate their level of understanding of the English Language. Students who do not speak English will be given additional EAL lessons (English as an Additional Language), which are either one-to-one support classes or are delivered within a small group setting. Some lessons will also have a teacher assistant present to help students with their work. ISIB delivers all lessons through the English medium and therefore students learn the language very quickly.
• Is there an application deadline?
Students can apply and start at ISIB at any given time of the year, subject to availability in classes.
• Is Danish language also taught at ISIB?
The language of instruction at ISIB is English. Danish students in Y1-Y10 also study Danish as a Mother Tongue language following the Danish Ministry of Education's Fællesmål. Students who follow ISIB’s Danish Mother Tongue classes can in Year 9 sit the Danish FP9 exam in Danish.
• Is Danish language proficiency a requirement to attend ISIB?
The language of instruction is English. Non-Danish students in Y1-Y10 can study Danish as a foreign language and will be placed according to their level. Students do not need to have Danish language skills in order to be considered for enrolment.
• Will my child have to take an English language test to be accepted?
Students applying to ISIB are not required to pass a test to be accepted. Students are not required to have English language skills in order to be considered for enrolment.
• How much are the fees for ISIB
Our fees can be found here https://www.isib.dk/fees. Students enrolled by September 5th. and registered by that date with a CPR number pay DKK 3250 pr. month over 12 months. Siblings are offered a 25% discount.
• Do all student have to wear a uniform at ISIB
We are proud of our school uniform. Our uniform gives ISIB students a shared identity as members of the ISIB community. It is also affordable and hard-wearing, making it ideally suited to active school days for students of all ages. The ISIB school uniform and PE uniform are mandatory. Uniform items can be purchased from Direct Schoolwear. You can find out more on our uniform page.